Summer Abroad Scholarship
We are committed to equity and would like to enable students who are dedicated to language study and cultural exchange to be able live with a family abroad.
Individual scholarships range from $100 to $1,000.
The award amount will vary depending on:
- amount of funds available in a given year
- number of applicants
- teacher recommendation
- quality and strength of application materials
- special circumstances as outlined in the scholarship essay
- blog project
- program selection
Upon return, recipients are expected to share their study abroad experience both as an ANDEO Ambassador and through their blog project.
1. Submit your initial program application and deposit for an eligible program by January 31st, 2019.
2. Once you submit your deposit, your ANDEO contact will send you instructions and a due date for your detailed application.
3. Expect to receive the scholarship application and instructions for the supplementary scholarship documents on January 31st, 2019. Your supplementary scholarship documents include an essay, a blog project, and an ambassador agreement.
3. Scholarship awards will be made by April 1st.
Our standard cancellation policy applies for scholarship applicants. As this is a partial award, it will not cover your entire fee.
Your deposit reserves your space on the program. It will be applied to your total program cost; it is not an additional fee. If you cancel before your detailed application is due, we will refund your deposit less a $200 cancellation fee. If you cancel after that date, we will refund all payments made less your deposit and any non-refundable expenses. If for any reason, we cannot accept you into the program, you will receive a full refund of the deposit.
Programs eligible for a scholarship in 2019
- Chaperone-led homestay immersion program to Mexico
- Chaperone-led homestay immersion program to Spain
- Chaperone-led homestay immersion program to France
- Individual homestay immersion program in Germany
- Individual Japanese language and culture program in Japan